The ParaLab system (Parallel Laboratory) is an integrated software environment that enables both real parallel computations on a multiprocessor computing system and the simulation of such experiments on a personal computer with the ability to visualize the parallel processing of complex computational problems.
ParaLab provides the following:
- Simulation of parallel computing systems.
- Determining the computational experiment parameters.
- Selection of visualization parameters.
- Computational experiments.
- Accumulation and analysis of computational experiment results.
ParaLab supports the following methods for executing real computational experiments:
- on a single computer with a message-passing library MPI (multithreaded execu-tion); this library has a public version that can be downloaded from the internet and installed on computers running the MS Windows operation system;
- on a real multiprocessor computational system;
- in remote access mode for the computational clusters.